Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Famous Bruschetta

This is one of my all time favorite salads/appetizers. I was invited to a Sunday bbq and this seemed perfect, also because the roma tomatoes were on such a good deal. Again, may I refer you to my mother's amazing blog post... some day I will catch up to her blogging talent.


I failed to take a picture of the final result (please refer to my mother's blog for photos).

Tomato Salad for Bruschetta Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 2 plump cloves of garlic
  • 2-3 cups of diced tomatoes
  • 1 generous teaspoon of hand mined sea salt
  • 1/4 cup thinly sliced leaves
  • 2-4 tablespoons of really good olive oil
Instructions:
  1. As there are so few ingredients, each of them needs to be as fresh as possible; the tomato gelée must not be removed as it holds the appealing umami taste that is the foundation of this dish
  2. The ingredients cannot be combined until immediately before serving; this is usually served on a freshly sliced baguette that has been toasted and rubbed with garlic; however, I love it by itself as a side dish, or with fresh boccocini cheese.

2 comments:

  1. Where's the pic of the final product... you must have a plated pic to whet our appetite. YUM.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know!!! i do that a lot! i forget about taking the pictures at certain stages throughout the process. i will make it again soon and add one!

    ReplyDelete